Short Memorial Verses Comfort Verses
418 Comfort verses for the grief stricken. Your pain is real and it is valid. We don’t recover from grief and that is okay. We may never return to the normal that once was, but we will return to a new normal where our grief becomes a part of who we are and where we will go on to live purposeful lives. Remember that grief is normal. Sadness is inevitable. Heartbreak is painful.
1. God saw the road was getting rough, the hill too hard to climb, he gently closed her weary eyes and whispered ‘Peace be thine’.
2. You had a smile for everyone, you had a heart of gold, you left behind the memories, that we will forever hold.
3. That night as I lay sleeping, you gently slipped away, I never will get over that, I miss you more each day. I tell myself you’re only sleeping and that I’m not alone, for God will come for me one day and take us both back home.
4. There is a corner in my heart, that I keep just for you, as long as life and memories last, I will love and remember you.
5. You lived your life with little needs, full instead, of selfless deeds. For everyone you did your best, may God grant you eternal rest.
6. If I could see you even for a day, maybe for a moment the pain would go away. I’d put my arms around you and whisper words so true, that living life without you is the hardest thing to do.
7. If a broken heart could bring you back and tears could make you smile, then all our dreams would be complete and life would be worthwhile.
8. It seems so strange that those we need and those we love the best, are just the ones God calls away and takes them home to rest.
9. You never complained, you never gave in, you fought a battle, you could not win. You were so brave.
10. Love is a smile, a tear and a touch, love says little, but means so much. Love is forever and we give it to you, from your family who thought the world of you.
11. No verse can say, no flowers can repay, how much we lost, one year today.
12. A bouquet of lilies we send to you, sprinkled with teardrops instead of dew. And in the middle a forget-me-not, to let you know we haven’t forgot. Sunshine passes, shadows fall, but love and remembrance outlast them all.
13. Like fallen leaves, time slips by, but loving memories of you, will never ever die.
14. We know that you’re still with us, especially today, because we shared a closeness, even death can’t take away.
15. Now in God’s arms, but always in our hearts.
16. Though our hearts are broken and your life was far too short, we thank you little brother/sister, for all the love you brought.
17. Along the path of memories, we walk with you each day and just how much we miss you, no words could ever say.
18. An Angel in the book of life, wrote down my baby’s birth and whispered as she closed the book, ‘too beautiful for earth’.
19. A butterfly came floating by, I thought I knew it’s face, it landed on my shoulder and spread its wings of lace. I looked and saw it smiling, as it winked and flew away, I’m sure I heard it whisper, ‘We’ll meet again one day.’
20. A loving thought, a silent tear, a constant wish, that you were here. Loved and remembered always.
21. Each time we look at your photo, you seem to smile and say, cheer up, I’m only sleeping, we will meet again some day.
22. This day I shall always remember, with heartache tears and regret It was today you were taken from me, how could I ever forget.
23. 5 years today you slipped away, our pain and loss remains the same, you suffered much in silence, your spirit did not bend, you fought for life with courage, until the very end.
24. Heartaches in this world are many, but losing you was worse than any. Always loved, never forgotten.
25. Someone’s watching over me, I feel it in the air. That someone can’t be seen or heard, but I know that they are there. It’s someone very special, all around me and above. I know that they’ll take care of me, they’re watching me with love!
26. Memories of you are ours to keep, our words are few, but our love is deep.
27. There is a corner in my heart, that I keep just for you, as long as life and memories last, I will always remember you.
28. A page in a book of memory, silently turns today, I remember you in silence, and make no outward show, for what it meant to lose you, no one else will ever know. Loved with a love beyond all feeling, missed with a grief beyond all tears.
29. To lose someone so special, is really hard to bear, It hardly seems believable, that you are no longer there.
30. You are beside us in all we do, your love and guidance will see us through. As each day dawns we whisper low, God bless you …………… we love and miss you so.
31. We climbed our mountains and crossed rivers wide, everything meant so much more, because you were by my side.
32. Till memories fail and life departs, you will live on forever in my heart.
33. We will always love and miss you, with every passing day, the longing just to see you, will never go away.
34. We love and miss you, your laughter and smiles. We remember the joy you brought to our lives.
35. Never a day do I forget you, in my heart you are always near, God alone knows how much I miss you, as ends this first sad year. My heart still aches with sadness, my secret tears still flow, for what it meant to lose you, no one will ever know.
36. Our guardian in life, now our Angel by our side.
37. I remember the day I met you and the day God made you mine. I remember the day I lost you and will till the end of time. But among my tears and heartache, there’s one thing makes me glad, that you chose me to share with you, all those precious years we had.
38. To some you may be forgotten, to others part of the past, but to those who loved and lost you, your memory will always last.
39. If I knew it would be the last time I saw you walk through the door, I would have given you another hug and kiss, then called you back for more. Lost without you.
40. Suddenly you were taken, we could not say goodbye, now we only have memories, that will never die.
41. Your vacant place no one can fill, I miss you now and always will.
42. One year ago you left us, one year we’ve mourned your name, forever in our hearts and minds, Until we meet again.
43. I remember the day I met you and the day God made you mine. I remember the day I lost you and will till the end of time. But among the tears and heartache, there’s one thing that makes me glad, that you chose me to share with you, all those years we had. So treasure him Lord in your garden of rest, for on this earth, he was one of the best.
44. It’s not been long since you went away, but if we have but one thing to say. It would be to wish upon a star and bring you back to where we are.
45. Your smile is in the sunshine, your laughter in the breeze, your love is around us, it’s in the air we breathe.
46. Still the shock of losing you, is really hard to bear, but I can feel your presence, all around me everywhere. For you were really special and your love is still my guide and although I can’t see you, you are always by my side.
47. You went too soon, before your time, but you did not go alone, as part of me went with you, the day God called you home. Loved always.
48. As each day dawns and starts anew, as each day ends we think of you. And in between no matter where, in our hearts you’re always there. We cannot stop the hands of time, or live in the past, but we will love and miss you, as long as our time lasts.
49. Beautiful memories of one so dear, treasured forever with love sincere.
50. We all think about you often, we talk about you still, you haven’t been forgotten and you know you never will. Forever in our hearts and always in our thoughts.
51. You were so very precious, we loved you more than words can say, we were left heartbroken, the day you went away. If we could have one wish today, it would be to have you back with us to stay. Love and miss you always.
52. Words have their meanings, memories too, but neither convey, how much we miss you.
53. We have lost and heaven has gained, the most wonderful …. this world contained.
54. There is your face before us, a laugh we would love to hear, your smile we will always remember, of one we loved so dear. You gave no one a last farewell, or even a goodbye, for you had gone before we knew and only God knows why. Always in our thoughts, prayers and hearts.
55. Every minute, of every day, never more than a thought away.
56. Peaceful sleeping, resting at last, the world weary trouble and trials have passed. In silence she suffered, in patience she bore, till God called her home, to suffer no more.
57. A bouquet of beautiful memories, sprayed with a million tears, wishing you could have been spared, if just for a few more years.
58. In God’s care you rest above, in our hearts you stay with love.
59. Sweet are the memories that will never fade, of the best Mum/Dad in the world, that God ever made.
60. Our loss was Heaven’s gain, while cherished memories of you remain. You will always be loved and remembered.
61. A heart as big as an ocean, a smile as bright as the sun, you were one in a million and a ….. that was second to none. Loved and longed for always.
62. Our life together, was sadly cut short, but in my heart, you will live forever. Love you always.
63. It’s just a little, but means a lot, to say that we have never forgot.
64. Time may wipe out many things, but this it wipes out never, the memory of those happy days, when we were all together. We think of you with love today, but that is nothing new, we thought about you yesterday and the days before that too.
65. Our hearts are filled with memories, gathered through the years, of all the happy times we shared, are now treasured souvenirs.
66. I remember the day we met and the day we said I do, one thing made me so glad, are all the years I spent with you. You held my hand so tightly and till death did we part, you slipped away so peacefully, but God, it broke my heart.
67. One kiss blown to Heaven, one balloon in the sky, one long year has passed, since we said goodbye.
68. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
69. Beautiful memories are treasured forever, of happy days when we were together. Gone are the days we used to share, but in our hearts you are always there. The gates of memory will never close, we miss you more than anyone knows. With tender love and deep regret, we who love you, will never forget.