Famous Quotes P12
- Friends are God’s way of taking care of us. It’s the friends you can call up at 4am that matter.
~ Marlene Dietrick
- True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost.
~ Charles Caleb Colton
- My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.
~ Henry Ford
- Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.
~ Anais Nin
- It is one of the severest tests of friendship to tell your friend his faults. So to love a man that you cannot bear to see a stain upon him, and to speak painful truth through loving words, that is friendship.
~ Henry Ward Beecher
- My friends are my estate.
~ Emily Dickinson
- Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.
~ Muhammad Ali
- A friend is someone who is there for you when he’d rather be anywhere else.
~ Len Wein
- When a friend is in trouble, don’t annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.
~ Edgar Watson Howe
- A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.
~ Donna Roberts
- There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no Friendship without self-interests. This is a bitter truth.
- A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.A friend is one who walks in when others walk out.
~ Walter Winchell
- Don’t walk in front of me, I may not follow.Don’t walk behind me, I may not lead.Walk beside me and be my friend.
~ Albert Camus
- Your friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you.
~ Elbert Hubard
- A hug is worth a thousand words. A friend is worth more.
~ Jasmine Fitzwilliam
- Every person is a new door to a different world.
~ “Six Degrees of Seperation”
- It takes a long time to grow an old friend.
~ John Leonard
- I get by with a little help from my friends.
~ John Lennon
- Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival.
~ C. S. Lewis
- I might give my life for my friend, but he had better not ask me to do up a parcel.
~ Logan Pearsall Smith
- The better part of one’s life consists of his friendships.
~ Abraham Lincoln
- Two may talk together under the same roof for many years, yet never really meet; and two others at first speech are old friends.
- To be depressed is to be lonely; to have a friend is to be happy.
- No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever.
- I can trust my friends. These people force me to examine, and encourage me to grow.
- A friend is a gift you give yourself.
~ Robert Louis Stevenson
- Friend, a person known well to another and regarded with liking, affection and loyalty.
~ Collins English Dictionary
- A new friendship is like an unripened fruit it may become either an orange or a lemon.
~ Emma Stacey
- Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend’s success.
~ Oscar Wilde
- Friendship with oneself is all-important because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
~ Mother Teresa
- I will speak ill of no man, and speak all the good I know of everybody.
~ Benjamin Franklin
- Misfortune shows those who are not really friends.
- Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy you must have somebody to divide it with.
~ Mark Twain
- Thus nature has no love for solitude, and always leans, as it were, on some support; and the sweetest support is found in the most intimate friendship.
- Advice is like snow; the softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks into the mind.
~ Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- Half the pleasure of solitude comes from having with us some friend to whom we can say how sweet solitude is.
~ William Jay
- The best mirror is an old friend.
~ George Herbert
- What is a friend? A single soul in two bodies. The friendship that can cease has never been real.
~ Saint Jerome
- I count myself in nothing else so happy as in a soul remembering my good friends. I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripened with age, the true old man’s milk and restorative cordial.
~ Thomas Jefferson
- Sir, more than kisses, letters, mingle souls; For, thus friends absent speak.
~ John Donne
- Too late we learn, a man must hold his friend unjudged, accepted, and trusted to the end.
~ John Boyle O’Reilly
- A true friend is the greatest of all blessings, and that which we take the least care of all to acquire.
~ Francois Duc de La Rochefoucauld
- Friends have all things in common.
- Don’t walk behind me, I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me, I may not follow. Walk beside me and be my friend.
~ Albert Camus
- When you reach the end of your rope. Tie a knot in it & hang on.
~ Thomas Jefferson
- If you are going through hell, keep going.
~ Winston Churchill
- Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.
~ William Feather
- Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.
~ Samuel Johnson
- A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can’t.
~ Jack Dempsey
- The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you’ve ever had.